ThousandEyes Inc. has turned to the channel to help sell its network intelligence platform into new cloud-based network architectures.
Unveiled this week, the company's first channel partner program is designed to support customers' cloud adoption initiatives. The program provides partners with technical certification and training, sales and marketing resources, and incentives through a deal registration program. Through the ThousandEyes Customer Success Center, partners and their customers can work with networking infrastructure experts to troubleshoot and resolve complex visibility issues across WAN, cloud and internet environments.
The ThousandEyes network intelligence platform is a "broad-based solution," said Anthony Narducci, vice president of sales at the company, based in San Francisco. "It's a technology that can be leveraged across a number of industries."
ThousandEyes currently has about 20 partners, which Narducci said are mostly focused on the midmarket and large enterprises. He noted that managed services providers, global system integrators and value-added resellers have shown interest the company's network intelligence platform.
Take the latest channel quiz
Test your knowledge on news in merger and acquisitions, managed security services and more.
IT channel roundup for the week of June 27
Here's a look at the highlights:
- Carousel Industries, a managed services and cloud services provider in the communication and network technologies sectors, has purchased Source Inc., which focuses on unified communications. Carousel, based in Exeter, R.I., gains a larger footprint in the Southwest through Source, which is based in Dallas. Source also contributes capabilities in asset management and logistics, technology refurbishment and repair, disaster recovery, E911 implementation and IT services, according to Carousel. Source is the 15th largest Avaya dealer in the U.S., Carousel noted.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) said it is now offering services out of its new Asia Pacific (Mumbai) region, the cloud provider's sixth AWS region in Asia and its 13th worldwide. The Mumbai region provides AWS' Elastic Compute Cloud, Simple Storage Service and Relational Database Service, among other services.
- Masergy Communications Inc., a provider of hybrid networking, managed security and cloud communication offerings, has unveiled WAN Encryption, a managed service the company said protects data in transit for software-defined WAN connectivity between applications and users. The new service joins a roster of other managed network functions, including routers, firewalls, session border controllers and WAN optimization. Those functions are delivered on premises, through software or in the cloud.
- Five9, a provider of cloud software for enterprise contact centers, expanded its distribution agreement with distributor Westcon-Comstor. Under the new agreement, Westcon-Comstor will distribute Five9 technology to 150-plus countries.
- Four51 is targeting channel partners with newly launched development kits for the company's OrderCloud B2B e-commerce offering. Four51's OrderCloud Accelerators development kits aim to help organizations develop and deploy custom e-commerce and order management applications to the cloud. OrderCloud is a platform-as-a-service offering.
- BitSight Technologies, the makers of the Security Rating Platform, said it has signed up 50 partners in its global channel program. Partners include Optiv, Satisnet, Singtel and Cadre.
- Blake Wetzel, former vice president of channel alliances at CenturyLink, recently joined Rackspace to develop and lead its channel strategy. Wetzel said he chose to join Rackspace because of its vision for the future of hybrid IT and enterprises migrating to multiple clouds, as well as for its commitment to develop its channel partner program. "There's support in every level of the organization ... to expand the indirect program, which is not always the case in most companies," he said.
The Market Share is a weekly news roundup published on SearchITChannel every Friday.
Barracuda launches Intronis-brand firewall for MSPs
Learn about offering security awareness training
Handbook: The transition to cloud security