Hyper-converged secondary storage vendor Cohesity is ramping up its channel program and recruiting cloud and managed...
Cohesity storage partners can now access expanded training and certification programs for sales, engineering and post-sales personnel; new incentives for deals with large accounts; and an online lab environment for learning about the Cohesity DataPlatform. Additionally, Cohesity said it hired more field sales staff to assist partners across North America, Europe and Asia. Cohesity sells exclusively through channel partners.
"This is the largest investment and expansion that we have done with our partner program," said Todd Palmer, vice president of worldwide channels at Cohesity.
As part of Cohesity's updated channel strategy, the company is looking to sign up cloud and managed services providers (MSPs). Service provider partners can access new Cohesity DataPlatform capabilities such as augmented multi-tenancy, the vendor said.
"We had multi-tenancy capabilities, but they were somewhat limited prior to these introductions. Now this one is a full-grade, service provider-grade multi-tenancy," said David Kosman, head of global cloud service providers at Cohesity.
Under the service provider program, partners can earn a "Cohesity Powered" badge to differentiate their businesses. QTS and Faction are the first partners to achieve the new Cohesity Powered status, Cohesity said.
Palmer described Cohesity storage partners as having an enterprise market focus, "deep data center capabilities and a strong storage background," Palmer said. "That kind of narrows the focus on the number of partners that meet those criteria."
Dell EMC fine-tunes global partner program
Dell EMC has unveiled improvements to its partner program. The changes were announced as part of a Dell EMC Partner Broadcast hosted by Joyce Mullen, president of global channel, OEM and IoT at Dell EMC.
Highlights of the Dell EMC Partner Program updates included:
- A new Commercial Partner Preferred Program: Dell EMC is offering up 20,000 commercial whitespace accounts for partners to pursue with the help of Dell's internal teams.
- Dell certification badges: The first of Dell's co-skilled badges, which combine Dell EMC Proven Professional and VMware Certified Professional The badges are for individual administration and design capabilities across converged and hybrid cloud, Mullen said. Badges for services implementation and deployment are on the horizon.
Mullen also revealed that Dell is about to pilot its Dell Technologies Advantage program, a framework for doing business across Dell's subsidiaries. The Advantage program was previewed at Dell EMC's Global Partner Summit 2018. She said the Advantage program is slated to be up and running in Dell's fiscal year 2021.
- IT management vendor Kaseya acquired Spanning Cloud Apps, a SaaS data protection provider. Spanning works with more than 10,000 MSPs and enterprise customers, Kaseya said. Spanning will operate as a business unit under Kaseya.
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise's new products for small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) open up opportunities for partners, HPE said. The SMB offerings, released this week, include automated deployment tools, hybrid cloud products and new servers. "Our new SMB offerings will enhance a partner's ability to easily deploy and manage these solutions while lowering costs for customers," said Tim Peters, vice president and general manager of small and medium-sized business at HPE, in an email.
- Data management vendor Igneous introduced a partner program for value-added resellers, direct market resellers and MSPs. The program targets industries grappling with unstructured data, including life sciences, media and entertainment, and financial services markets.
- Fuze, a cloud communications and collaboration vendor, expanded its global partner program with a professional services option. Certified Fuze partners can now provide professional services and service deployments for the Fuze platform, the vendor said.
- Pythian, a consulting and managed services firm based in Ottawa, said it has earned the Machine Learning Partner Specialization within the Google Cloud Partner Specialization Program. The company has four Google Cloud Platform specializations, including machine learning. Pythian's other Google specializations are cloud migration, infrastructure and data analytics.
- Tufin, a network security policy orchestration vendor, has unveiled a program for managed security services providers (MSSPs). The MSSP program benefits include consumption-based monthly billing, as well as risk and compliance reporting that MSSPs can white label.
- Rackspace launched its Data Center Breakout Solution, an offering the company said aims to "help customers simplify their exit from the data center."
Market Share is a news roundup published every Friday.