On Monday, Hewlett-Packard Co. launched the HP Simply StoreIT Program, a channel program that includes tools, resources and incentives to help HP reseller partners with SMB solutions in the technology areas of virtualization, file sharing, Microsoft Exchange and SQL Server, and backup and data protection.
Yesterday's announcement also included the introduction of a new entry-level storage system -- the MSA 2040 disk array -- and enhancements to the HP StoreEasy Storage portfolio to help SMBs and government agencies maximize storage investments.
According to David Scott, senior vice president and general manager at HP, the MSA 2040 represents the next generation of the company's Modular Smart Array platform, and brings new levels of performance to storage area networks. The product is the first in its class to offer 16 Gbps Fibre Channel connectivity, and is designed to support increased demand -- up to 85,000 IOPS.
The enhanced HP StoreEasy Storage portfolio enables SMBs to efficiently manage and protect increasing amounts of file data without their needing special skills, according to HP.
The Simply StoreIT HP reseller program is part of HP's Just Right IT program of products and solutions -- including servers, storage, networking and services -- for small businesses. Simply StoreIT is being rolled out in coordination with HP distribution partners.
PThe program's elements aimed at the channel include the following:
- Engagement with partners to drive joint business planning targeting SMBs.
- Recruitment and enablement packages for HP's distribution partners, as well as enablement directly to resellers. Additionally, HP is planning road shows, academies and dedicated training sessions that will reach close to 5,000 individuals worldwide.
- Demand-generation campaigns for partners to use and HP telesales activities in which leads are handed over to partners.
- Sales tools and resources, including sales guides, quote and configuration guides, solutions briefs, and other materials to help the sales process.
- Economic drivers to be put in place, such as sales rep-level incentives, rebates and market development funds to support promotion to and events for end users.
The HP reseller program is aimed at existing channel partners that are considering or that have recently built out some level of storage practice. These include resellers that have traditionally focused on HP servers and application deployments for customers but are seeing an opportunity to grow their revenue with more focus on high-growth and high-reward areas like storage, according to the company.