Oracle PartnerNetwork, also known as OPN, is a channel partner program that provides resources and benefits for value-added resellers, independent software vendors and other businesses that want to collaborate with Oracle.
Through the Oracle PartnerNetwork program, members can access a range of benefits, certifications, and financial incentives and discounts.
Oracle PartnerNetwork has a membership structure of five program levels: Remarketer, Silver, Gold, Platinum and Diamond. Each of these program levels has its own set of requirements, benefits and rewards. Each tier offers benefits that build upon the benefits of the previous tier. Partners can advance membership levels by earning specializations and meeting the requirements of the next tier level.Content Continues Below
Benefits of the Oracle PartnerNetwork
As is typical with most channel programs, Oracle PartnerNetwork benefits increase incrementally with each ascending program tier. Benefits for the tier levels include the following, according to Oracle:
- Remarketer partners, the Oracle PartnerNetwork program's base level, can sell any Oracle product that is available through the Oracle 1-Click Ordering program and resell the Oracle Database Appliance.
- Silver-level partners receive access to a restricted knowledge base and learning content; eligibility to attend partner-only events; discounts on Oracle University products, services and learning credits; use of Oracle partner branding and logos; marketing and sales kits; discounts to advertise in Oracle publications; public relations support and guidelines; deal registration through the Oracle Open Market Model Resale Initiative; referral opportunities; development and demonstration licenses; visibility in and access to leads through the Oracle PartnerNetwork Solutions Catalog; business practice and pricing training; and support assistance from the Partner Business Center, among other benefits.
- Gold membership adds the ability to sell from the entire Oracle portfolio; eligibility for phone-based partner management support; free assessment and exam vouchers; eligibility to publish partner-led events to Oracle.com/events; discounts on Oracle programs licensed for internal use; and more.
- Benefits for Platinum-level partners include a designated Oracle Partner Business Consultant; eligibility to participate in Partner Advisory Boards; eligibility to be featured on Oracle.com; eligibility for marketing development funds (MDF); eligibility for speaking opportunities at Oracle customer-facing activities; access to contact lists for marketing campaigns; personal access to the Advanced Customer Support Services (ACS) team; exposure on ACS's internal website; and co-marketing and lead generation support from ACS for mutual campaigns.
- Partners that earn Diamond status receive access to an Oracle Global Alliance Manager and a dedicated Global Partner Manager, as well as priority allocation of annual global MDF among other benefits.
How to achieve new statuses
Each Oracle PartnerNetwork level has unique requirements involving partner competencies, annual revenue and annual fees. The Oracle website includes the following requirements for earning program statuses:
- Remarketer partners do not have to meet any program requirements, nor do they have to sign a contract or pay a fee to join the program.
- Oracle's requirement for Silver members is an annual membership fee of $500.
- Gold partners must pay an annual membership fee of $2,995.
- Platinum-level partners have to achieve one of two competency requirements: Partners must obtain a combination of five qualifying specializations, Oracle Validated Integrations or Exastack Optimization designations, or a combination of five Exastack Ready or Exastack Optimization designations, with one of those being optimized, according to Oracle. Platinum partners are expected to pay an annual membership fee of $9,995.
- Diamond partners' annual revenue must exceed $100 million, with a minimum of $25 million in software license and cloud services co-sell revenue. Diamond partners must also achieve 30 qualifying specializations -- or a combination of qualifying specializations and a maximum of five Oracle Exastack Ready applications or Oracle Validated Integrations totaling 30. Other requirements are an annual membership fee of $9,995, the publication of four customer references per year, completion of an annual business plan, and at least three dedicated business development managers.
Oracle PartnerNetwork cloud programs
Oracle has pivoted toward cloud computing in recent years after a slow start. To help support channel sales of its cloud offerings, Oracle has invested in developing a cloud channel.
In February 2016, the vendor launched the Oracle PartnerNetwork Cloud Program. The program features four tiers -- Cloud Standard, Cloud Select, Cloud Premier and Cloud Elite -- each with its own training and sales requirements.
Oracle also offers the Cloud Excellence Implementer (CEI) Program, which recognizes partners with cloud implementation practices. The CEI Program currently focuses on Oracle's software-as-a-service offerings, providing partners with access to certification exam vouchers, promotion on Oracle's Solution Catalog and Marketplace, and product training. The CEI Program is restricted to qualifying partners with OPN Gold-level status and higher.
Additionally, OPN members can join Oracle's Cloud Managed Service Provider (MSP) Program. The Cloud MSP program is for partners that have demonstrated capabilities for managing customers' cloud infrastructure or end-user systems and services such as cloud advisory and service migration, according to Oracle. Benefits include go-to-market and enablement resources, as well as sales incentives.