- Windows Vista installations are still lagging in the enterprise, making now a good time to identify best practices (and worst practices) for inevitable Windows Vista installations.
- Virtual machine licensing: Caveman-proof VMware product calculations: VMware product licensing is simple with the company's three virtual machine licensing levels for ESX Server, as part of VMware Infrastructure 3 (VI3).
- Virtualization calculator for Windows Server: Microsoft's Windows Server Virtualization Calculator helps you make accurate licensing assessments based on the planned number of processor sockets and virtual machines.
- Configuring Unix and Linux printers for SMBs: Configuring Unix and Linux printers may not be a priority for an IT manager in a small or medium-sized business (SMB). Help customers set up their printers by offering these printing services.
- ITSM and ITIL basics: Understanding ITIL and service support: IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) forces you to view information technology from an IT service management (ITSM) approach, rather than a product approach. Find out why and how to align your IT services with the ITIL framework.
This was first published in September 2007