If you're working with a covered entity's customers on HIPAA security compliance, you are considered a "business associate" under the HITECH Act, and
Kevin McDonald, executive vice president and director of compliance practices at Alvaka Network, an Irvine, Calif.-based network, security and managed services consulting firm, is no stranger to this type of situation.
In this edition of Patrolling the Channel, McDonald talks about:
- His most challenging HIPAA requirement.
- The HIPAA-related technical controls he's seeing implmented most frequently.
- Why his fellow solution providers may be behind the eight ball.
Download for later:
- Internet Explorer: Right Click > Save Target As
- Firefox: Right Click > Save Link As
More Patrolling the Channel podcasts:
- Michael Disabato recommends the security services that mesh well in a portfolio.
- Beth Cohen reviews her cloud
computing security audit checklist.
This was first published in April 2010