Service provider takeaway: Cisco Unified Communications Manager (CUCM) is the call routing and signaling component...
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
of the Cisco Unified Communications solution. This section of the chapter excerpt from the book Implementing Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Part 1 will introduce the topics and objectives from chapter 1, "Cisco Unified Communications Manager Architecture".
Download the .pdf of the chapter here.
A Cisco Unified Communications deployment relies on Cisco Unified Communications Manager
(CUCM) (formerly known as Cisco Unified CallManager) for its call-processing and call-routing functions. Understanding the role that CUCM plays in a converged network from a system, software, and hardware perspective is necessary for successfully installing and configuring CUCM.
This lesson introduces and describes the role, architecture, hardware and software requirements, and the licensing model of the CUCM.
Upon completing this chapter, you will have an understanding of the CUCM architecture and be able to meet the following objectives:
- Describe the components of a Cisco Unified Communications solution and each component's functionality.
- Describe the architecture and role of CUCM.
- Describe the hardware requirements for CUCM.
- Describe the characteristics of the CUCM operating system.
- Describe the characteristics of the CUCM database and how it provides redundancy.
- Describe the licensing model of CUCM.
- Describe how to calculate, verify, and add license units to CUCM.
Implementing Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Part 1
Cisco Unified Communications Manager Architecture Introduction
CUCM Hardware, Software, and Clustering
CUCM Review Quiz
Reproduced from the book Implementing Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Part 1. Copyright 2008, Cisco Systems, Inc.. Reproduced by permission of Pearson Education, Inc., 800 East 96th Street, Indianapolis, IN 46240.