365 Data Center's colocation services are now available through distributor Ingram Micro Inc.'s Cloud Marketplace, a transactional online marketplace offering Ingram Micro cloud services to channel partners and IT professionals. The new agreement adds to Ingram Micro's cloud services by allowing their U.S. partners to build private cloud services, run temporary workloads and migrate applications to a hybrid public-private cloud model...
with access to 365 Data Center's colocation services through the Cloud Marketplace, 365 Data Center said.
The agreement comes not long after 365 Data Center launched 365 QuickStart, a pay-for-use colocation bundle that includes cabinet, cross connect, power and internet bandwidth.
Study reveals a lack of disaster recovery preparation and more
BUMI (Backup My Info!), a managed service provider (MSP) of online backup and recovery solutions for small to medium-sized businesses, in April released the results of an independent industry study of IT channel professionals' data backup and recovery tools, initiatives and concerns. The survey was conducted during the fourth quarter of 2013 and is based on responses from 100 IT channel professionals, including IT consultants -- at 72% -- MSPs -- 17.5% -- and value-added resellers -- at 10.5%. The industries represented in the study include financial services, healthcare, technology, legal, accounting, real estate, non-profit and government, BUMI said.
According to BUMI, the study results yielded the following information about its respondents:
- Eighty-eight percent of respondents said their clients have some type of backup and recovery strategy in place, and more than a third of respondents -- 39% -- said they believe their clients are properly preparation for a large-scale disaster or outage.
- In regards to restoring data, 79% said they expected the timeline to be within hours, while 19% indicated it would require several days. Two percent said they had no confidence their data would be properly restored at all.
- Forty-four percent of respondents said they check their clients' backups for errors on a daily basis, 15% said weekly basis, 21% said monthly basis and 8% said annual basis. Thirteen percent said they never check clients' backups for errors.
- When respondents did find backup errors, 19% said they resolve the errors in less than an hour, 52% said within a day, 25% said within a week and 4% said they ignore the backup errors.
Additional information revealed by the study included:
- Sixty-five percent of respondents thought the best strategy for reliable restoration of data is a hybrid model of cloud and onsite appliances.
- The top three decision criteria for selecting a backup and recovery vendor: Data security, technical service and support, and technology features and functionality.
- The top three applications that take priority for data backup: Microsoft Exchange and other email platforms, SQL databases and Microsoft Office files.
- The top three regulatory requirements that organizations need to adhere to with respect to data backups: HIPAA at 52%, SOX at 36% and SEC 17 a-4 at 30%.
QLogic makes changes to its Signature Partner Program
QLogic, a provider of server and storage connectivity products, will update and enhance its Signature Partner Program, accommodating the products and technologies the company recently acquired from Brocade and Broadcom.
QLogic said the Signature Partner program provides partners with access to education and training program enhancements for the solutions QLogic recently added to its connectivity portfolio. The company will also launch Enhanced Authorization, a partner designation earned through qualified solutions training, education and sales that enables partners to earn additional product discounts and access greater rewards and benefits through sales of qualified products. The company said the first Enhanced Authorization badge is for qualified Advanced Solutions Partners and the sale of FabricCache caching SAN adapters. Future badges for additional solutions are currently in development, QLogic said.
QLogic has also removed one of the Signature Partner Program's four tiers and modified each tier's requirements to allow partners to advance more easily and earn greater benefits. Now the program has following three-tiers structure: Preferred, Premier and Elite.
Genband unwraps Partner Advantage Program enhancements
Genband, a developer of multimedia and cloud communications solutions, said this week it has enhanced its Partner Advantage Program. The Partner Advantage Program's enhanced benefits include sales training that leverages Genband's differentiators across the sales cycle; technical training for implementing and managing Genband products and solutions; special discounts based on partner level; co-op marketing funds for co-branded advertising campaigns, events and other joint marketing plans; incentive campaigns and sales performance incentive funds programs; and special training events for sales and service teams.
Partners in all of the Partner Advantage Program's four tiers -- Platinum, Gold, Silver and Bronze -- will now have full access to Genband's new partner portal for sales collateral, product and solutions data sheets, videos, webinars, and a downloadable mobile app, the company said.
Ingram Micro expands its GSA schedule with new vendors
Distributor Ingram Micro Inc. this week added several new vendors to distributor Promark Technology's General Services Administration (GSA) schedule, including HP, Lenovo, LG, Novell and RES Software. Ingram Micro's 2012 acquisition of Promark Technology with its GSA schedule allowed Ingram Micro's authorized vendors and resellers to sell to the U.S. public-sector market.
Ingram Micro said its expanded portfolio allows Ingram Micro and Promark partners to better address the IT business needs of organizations and agencies within the federal, state, local and education (SLED) markets. SLED spending on IT in 2014 is $94 billion.
In 2013, Ingram Micro added Cisco, Panasonic, FalconStor, Jabra, Targus and Tegile to its GSA schedule.
Dig deeper on Cloud Computing and Hosted Services