Since the relaunch of its Just Right IT portfolio of products and services for small- and medium-sized businesses at its Global Partner Conference last February, HP has continued to expand the portfolio, and today announced the latest additions: HP ServeIT and HP ServiceIT.
Targeting small- and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) at whatever stage they are in the growth cycle, the new Hewlett-Packard (HP) Just Right IT products are designed to help SMBs meet their top IT challenges, such as driving down cost and increasing IT staff, employee productivity and customer retention. The portfolio covers servers, networking, storage and services.
Sold through HP partners, HP ServeIT and HP ServiceIT also roll out with a robust set of channel enablement tools to help partners market, sell, design and deploy the offerings, according to Lisa Wolfe, leader for worldwide small midmarket business with HP's Enterprise Group.
HP ServeIT is composed of what the vendor calls Flex-Bundles, or predefined configurations of IT offerings, based on HP ProLiant Gen8 servers. Today's announcement included four products:
- HP Flex-Bundles for Microsoft Windows Server with Hyper-V Virtualization Solutions and VMware vSphere with Operations Management Virtualizations Solutions.
- HP Flex-Bundles for SMB First Server Solution with Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2.
- HP Flex-Bundles for Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 Solutions.
"These solutions give our partners faster time to solutions, faster time to problem resolution, and faster time to revenue," Wolfe said, adding that they address collaboration and consolidation requirements of businesses.
HP ServiceIT is a holistic service framework that includes deployment and support services, education, financing, and cloud.
More specifically, the HP ServiceIT portfolio includes three offerings:
- HP Technology Services, including HP Foundation Care Services for problem resolution, HP Proactive Care Services for problem prevention and problem resolution, and HP Lifecycle Event Services.
- HP Financial Services, which has a new focus on technology-refresh options and pre-procurement options.
- HP Cloud Services, which has a focus on Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) for compute, storage and content delivery; and Software as a Service for workloads such as email, CRM, collaboration, backup and recovery, and development and testing.
"Our goal is to have the breadth of solutions that our partners' customers want to discuss: on-premises, off-premises and hybrid," said John Flowers, worldwide channel marketing manager with HP Technology Services.
Recognizing that some partners offer their own services, Flowers noted that ServiceIT is a way for partners to augment their service offerings without having to invest in becoming experts in everything.
"With ServiceIT, partners can rely upon HP to bring other services that [they] need to round out their portfolio to provide complete offerings to their customers," he said.
Qualified HP ServiceOne partners selling HP Technology Services make margin on the sale and on the delivery of services. "We believe a lot of our HP ServiceOne partners will be the ones bringing these solutions to life," Flowers said.
With HP looking at how to make cloud successful for both customers and partners, the IaaS offering is built on HP enterprise-grade public cloud infrastructure based on Open Stack technology with service-level agreements and support.
"HP Cloud Services allows our partners to be front and center in the cloud discussion with their customers," Flowers said.
HP ServeIT is available now. HP ServiceIT is also available now, although the HP public cloud is available only in the U.S.
Dig deeper on Technology Vendors-OEMs