Citrix Summit 2014 around the corner
At Citrix Summit 2013 held last May in Anaheim, Calif., the company announced a new strategy for
Well, Citrix Summit 2014 is just around the corner. It's being held in Orlando, Fla., Jan 12-15 with the theme, "Better Together," focused on joint success for Citrix partners and sales teams.
The company's objective is to provide shared exposure to the company's annual message at the beginning of the fiscal year.
While the Synergy conference remains the vendor's customer event, this year there won't be a separate partner event held at that time. But partners are welcome to attend Synergy 2014, as well as Summit 2014.
New Citrix partner campaign targets end of Windows XP support
With the impending end of Microsoft support for Windows XP on April 4, Citrix this week announced its Windows XP Migration Campaign.
The goal of the campaign is for partners to educate customers on the options available for Windows XP migration, in particular, the adoption of XenDesktop. The multi-touch campaign includes two email templates with supporting white papers from Citrix and analyst firm ESG. There are also seminars or webinars with invitations provided for partners.
The Windows XP Migration Campaign is free and is available to partners on Citrix Marketing Concierge.
PartnerPath: Increase cloud sales
In a recent blog post, Pete Perez, director of client services for consultancy PartnerPath, suggested that partners need to do the following to increase cloud-related income:
- Optimize sales processes to get the right message to the right customer.
- Target the line-of-business folks, not just IT.
- Provide details to customers on how they'll get operational and economic efficiencies by moving to the cloud.
- Understand and overcome all of the customer's fears about cloud by being able to separate fact from fiction.
- Rethink business operations around the recurring revenue model.