CompTia announces Fall 2013 catalog and playbooks

Early announcements out of CompTia's ChannelCon 2013 include the release of the non-profit's Fall 2013 training catalog and new cloud-focused playbooks.

Early announcements out of CompTia's ChannelCon 2013 being held this week in Orlando, Fla., include the release of the non-profit's Fall 2013 education and training catalog and the introduction of new cloud-focused Sales Playbooks that were driven by member demand.

Kelly Ricker, senior vice president of events and education at CompTia, called the introduction of Sales Playbooks the most exciting news of the day. "It's a new format for us and what members were asking for – business tools to help leverage what they're learning in the classroom," she said.

Two playbooks were initially introduced – one on cloud-based storage and another on cloud-based backup and recovery. Cloud, according to Ricker, is one of the hottest and most in demand topics at CompTia.

The format for the Playbooks includes a guide and face-to-face session. The material is designed to help participants understand what customers need; how to address customer challenges; how to scope and quantify the opportunity; and how to discuss the topic as a new revenue-generating opportunity.

Channel partner reps that sign up for the Sales Playbooks should be able to garner about 75% of the knowledge needed to build their own playbook with the remaining 25% needing to be customized for their unique business requirements, according to Kelly.

CompTia also rolled out a Quick Start Session and Quick Start Guide on Improving Sales Performance with Solution Playbooks to augment the two cloud playbooks.

Ricker said that CompTia would also offer webinars on how to use the playbooks. These initial offerings are the first of more playbooks to come. Additional announcements may be made as early as this October.

The new Fall 2013 training and education catalog highlights several fresh additions including a new CompTia Executive Certificate in Maximizing Vendor Relationships that targets channel partners; and, five new topics for the Market Intelligence Sessions.

The new Market Intelligence Session topics include:

  • The human side of IT security
  • Developing an effective sales structure
  • Moving mobility beyond devices to transform business
  • Putting it in writing and other partnering trends between telecom and IT
  • Rising above the fray – Strategies for minimizing channel conflict

According to Ricker, Market Intelligence Session topics are spun from original research done by a CompTia in-house research team. "The Market Intelligence Sessions are a way to get that research into the hands of our membership and industry partners."

The Fall 2013 catalog also includes two new Quick Start Sessions: Marketing Healthcare IT and Easing into Big Data.

CompTia also deploys all of its training via its distributor and vendor members who can integrate it with their own education and training agendas. Channel partners who aren't CompTia members can access CompTia training and education through these other venues.

Dig deeper on Cloud Computing and Hosted Services

Pro+

Features

Enjoy the benefits of Pro+ membership, learn more and join.

0 comments

Oldest 

Forgot Password?

No problem! Submit your e-mail address below. We'll send you an email containing your password.

Your password has been sent to:

MicroscopeUK

SearchCloudProvider

SearchSecurity

SearchStorage

SearchNetworking

SearchCloudComputing

SearchConsumerization

SearchDataManagement

SearchBusinessAnalytics

Close