With the worldwide big data technology and services market forecast to grow at a 31.7% compound annual growth rate and revenues projected to reach $23.8 billion in 2016, according to recent IDC research, Avnet Technology Solutions
Introduced at the Avnet HP Partner Summit in Chandler, Ariz., the Avnet Practice+ for Analytics includes a breadth of service and technology solutions, enablement and go-to-market strategies to help Hewlett-Packard (HP) partners grow their big data practices.
Just six months into launching a big data/analytics practice at his company, Steve Tepedino, president of Melillo Consulting, a 25-year-old solution provider, HP Elite Partner Converged Infrastructure and HP Software Specialist located in Somerset. N.J., is eager to bring in Avnet on customer engagements.
More Avnet, HP resources
HP and Avnet collaborate to ease cloud deployment process
Avnet increases storage focus for resellers
"The timing of this announcement is great for us. We can plug in Avnet's back-end services to our front-end selling processes to help us accelerate the growth and pedigree of our big data practice," he said.
Melillo Consulting works with midsize and enterprise companies and specializes in infrastructure and data center solutions, IT management automation, application lifecycle management, project and portfolio management, virtualization and cloud computing.
The solution provider's customers, the driving force behind the launch of a big data practice, are looking to get more intelligence and value out of their data to help meet their business needs.
"New practices are expensive to start. Working with Avnet, we can leverage their expertise around tools, best practices and integration to scale our business professionally," Tepedino said.
Avnet Practice+ for Analytics includes:
- Consultants to assist with product demonstrations and solution roadmaps, and solution architects.
- Customer assessment services to understand the data environment and how to meet the client's business goals.
- Big data solutions for channel partner enablement and training.
- Utilization of Avnet's SolutionsPath methodology to help partners expedite business growth in key vertical markets.
- Go-to-market demand generation planning and resources, and multi-touch campaigns.
- Proof-of-concept and implementation services for the HP Vertica Analytics Platform.
- A range of Avnet-developed implementation services -- from packaged to custom -- for HP Vertica and Hadoop.
In January, HP Vertica became a specialty program in the HP PartnerOne program. Partners that had an existing software selling agreement became eligible to take the Vertica specialization, permitting them to sell the Vertica Analytics Platform and earn special rebates.
A new Big Data Solutions training certification program for the HP Vertica Analytics Platform -- available through HP ExpertOne -- was also launched in January.
According to HP, the new training and certification program validates the skills and proficiency of HP Vertica system administrators, database analysts and application developers responsible for managing big data analytics.