Our readers have spoken. The most viewed SearchITChannel.com news stories for April 2009 covered topics that made an impact in the IT market and the news that affected VARs and solutions providers.
1. Google Android OS on netbooks: An intriguing proposition
Much to Microsoft's chagrin, top hardware players Dell and HP may offer Android -- vs. Windows -- on at least some netbooks.
2. VARs turn wary eye on Sun-Oracle combo
Some solution providers see a combined Sun Microsystems and Oracle as a merger of two evils.
3. When vendors get too big, VARs get going
VARs like to be associated with brand-name vendors, but sometimes a bigger vendor makes the worst partner.
4. 'New' Siemens gets channel religion
New-look Siemens puts partner margin and marketing behind its unified communications push.
5. Tech Watch: Managing virtualization deployments for customers
Virtualization is here. How can organizations manage these increasingly complex environments?