By submitting your email address, you agree to receive emails regarding relevant topic offers from TechTarget and its partners. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Contact TechTarget at 275 Grove Street, Newton, MA.
- When customers want to migrate to Linux just because they like it.
- When application software is extensively customized for Unix.
- When money is allocated to purchase new Unix applications.
- When there is no open source software to replace present applications.
- When you're unable to provide skilled Linux support.
Learn more about when not to move from Unix to Linux at SearchOpenSource.com.
Unix-to-Linux migration considerations
Part 1: Unix-to-Linux migration benefits
Part 2: Why move from Unix to Linux
Part 3: When to move from Unix to Linux
Part 4: When not to move from Unix to Linux