- When customers want to migrate to Linux just because they like it.
- When application software is extensively customized for Unix.
- When money is allocated to purchase new Unix applications.
- When there is no open source software to replace present applications.
- When you're unable to provide skilled Linux support.
Learn more about when not to move from Unix to Linux at SearchOpenSource.com.
Unix-to-Linux migration considerations
Part 1: Unix-to-Linux migration benefits
Part 2: Why move from Unix to Linux
Part 3: When to move from Unix to Linux
Part 4: When not to move from Unix to Linux