The idea behind this compilation is to give industry observers, analysts, technologists and customers an opportunity to express their views on storage virtualization and its future capabilities. The observations vary considerably, as one might expect, given the broad circumference of the subject and its impact on diverse aspects of data storage.
By submitting your personal information, you agree that TechTarget and its partners may contact you regarding relevant content, products and special offers.
The editors of SearchStorageChannel.com have broken these tips and opinions in to indiviudal chapters as outlined below.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Introduction: Observations on storage virtualization
- Delivering a global storage solution
- Virtualizing servers, storage, and networks
- Moving storage virtualization up the stack
- Virtualization of data
- Benefiting from virtualization
- Future directions for virtualization: A foundation for the future
This is an excerpt from Storage Virtualization: Technologies for Simplifying Data Storage and Management by Tom Clark and courtesy of AWP. Did you find this helpful? Purchase the book from the Addison-Wesley.