SearchStorageChannel.com content partner Gear6 offers the following storage performance podcast from its Gear6 Analyst Spotlight. Today's guest is Tony Asaro, senior analyst and consultant with the Enterprise Strategy Group, with Gary Orenstein, vice president of marketing at Gear6. The podcast is 27 minutes in duration.
Today's topic is storage performance. Highlights Tony Asaro covers include:
- Definition of storage systems performance
- Key IT areas that require performance improvement
- Major business trends driving need for storage performance
- Challenges to achieving adequate storage performance
- How to diagnose and tune storage performance problems
About the contributor: Gear6centralized caching solutions address the widening performance gap between increasingly powerful servers and lagging mechanical storage devices, delivering scalable and transparent storage acceleration to mainstream enterprises. Gear6 solutions accelerate existing storage infrastructure for real time performance, eliminate bottlenecks, and guarantee transaction response times. These real-time capabilities speed up applications, provide protection from peak load disruptions, and improve quality of service.
Dig deeper on Data Storage Management