This green IT systems services guide offers solution providers with tips, interviews, news and quizzes that will help to expand their knowledge of green systems services. Green, energy-efficient systems may be attractive to your customers because they're environmentally friendly, but energy-saving green technologies can also save your customers money. Sustainable green systems can include green data centers, green desktops and virtualization, among other energy-efficient technologies. Learn how to recommend sustainable technology and how green systems can reduce your customer's energy and power costs.
- Data center power and cooling study guide
- Use this study guide to test your data center power and cooling knowledge.
- EPEAT makes it easier for resellers to be green
- The Green Electronics Council is actively reaching out to value-added resellers and other solutions providers through a new EPEAT Reseller Partner Program.
- Using virtualization to achieve green data centers
- Virtualization expert Toby J. Velte discusses the future of cloud computing for solutions providers and how to use virtualization as a green IT systems service.
- MSPAlliance promotes green IT initiatives with new certification
- The MSPAlliance wants to help members and their customers cut power consumption and explore green energy sources.
- Recommending green tech takes more than a superficial interest
- The whole idea of green IT isn't new to Patrick Ciccarelli, CEO of San Francisco-based Varsity Technologies. But what is new is Ciccarelli's broader commitment to delivering solid economic performance, combined with environmental performance and social performance.
- Evolving power supplies, batteries address energy management concerns
- Improved efficiency in power supplies and batteries could have a huge impact on customers' energy use and green IT systems services. Find out which vendors are getting on board with energy management in the effort to cut power usage in desktop and server adapters.
- Green desktop strategies
- Learn how to improve your customers' green desktop profile in this webcast with channel expert Heather Clancy.
- Next-generation data centers aim for virtualized everything
- Next-generation data centers will take virtualization far beyond
servers in a bid to expedite application delivery.
- Putting a price on the green IT services opportunity
- Slowly but surely, some of the big high-tech vendors have started
pulling their channel partners into green systems services.
- HP PartnerOne goes green, adds other benefits
- Hewlett-Packard Co. is adding benefits to its PartnerOne partner
portal to promote environmentally-friendly solutions and other perks.
- VARs see green in green IT for data center management
- VARs are using green IT strategies to differentiate themselves and
attract customers tackling data center management demands.
- Going green in the data center
- Energy saving is important for data centers, where customers must reduce power and cooling costs.
This was first published in February 2009