Security strategy and compliance
Kevin B. McDonald is Executive Vice President and Director of Compliance Practices at Alvaka Networks, a network services and security firm in Irvine, California. He is a trusted technology and security consultant and public policy advisor to some of America's most influential people and organizations. He serves as a senior advisor to businesses, state and federal legislators, law enforcement leaders, charitable boards, abuse prevention professionals and municipalities. He is a sought after presenter, panelist and commentator. McDonald consults on the issues surrounding advanced technology, physical and logical security, regulatory compliance, organizational development and more.
McDonald is a HIPAA Privacy and Security Expert and a member of the CompTIA HIT, Advisory Council. He is Chairman of the Orange County Sheriff/Coroner's Community Technology Advisory Council (C.T.A.C) and member of the High Tech Crimes Consortium. He has written for, or been interviewed, in dozens of national and regional publications and he has authored the novel, Practically Invisible.
Do you have a question for our experts?
Contributions from Kevin McDonald
- Cloud storage needs a real accreditation process
- Honest VARs, MSPs struggle to compete in cloud storage
- HIPAA-compliant cloud storage: Due diligence how-to
- The 10 HIPAA services your customers need
- Look beyond health care for HIPAA compliance customers
- Keep your client secure in the cloud in 10 steps
- Sparse revenue from SOX compliance projects
- Selling information security: Focus on ROI